If you are anything like us, you are always looking for ways to streamline your workflow process. Finding ways to streamline tasks, like your social media management, gives you more time to do things that you are genuinely passionate about in your business.
Here is the lowdown on 6 ways to optimize your social media workflow.
1) Batch Your Content – Creating truly engaging content can take a lot of time out of your day. Batch your content is necessary for you to stay ahead and remain organized. We love to batch content every two weeks for our clients; this includes captions and graphics to give time for approval before everything goes live. It is important to find what works for you, though. If you feel it’s better for your business to plan a month in advance, then go for it. Batching content is all about channelling your creativity and taking one less task out of your daily workload.
2) Streamline Content Collection – Whether it’s Pinterest, Canva, User Generated Content or even Unsplash, find what works for you when creating content. Be sure to find the resources that work best for your client and their goals. If you don’t want a graphic-heavy feed, perhaps Pinterest and UGC are your go-to. If you want more detail in your images, Canva and Unsplash are your gals. The creative process becomes easier once you find what works best for you.
3) Curate Hashtag Groupings – You should already have content pillars you are working with to create your content, so save yourself some time and curate hashtag groupings to go with each pillar. This saves you from figuring out what hashtags will work best for each post you are creating while still aligning with the audience you want to connect with. Bonus tip – some scheduling apps allow you actually to save these hashtags to make using them even easier!
4) Schedule Your Content – Using a scheduling platform is a great way to ensure your content gets shared and you remain connected with your audience. We use Later for this as it allows us to schedule content to multiple platforms and even edits the photos on the website if needed.
5) Automate Reporting Process – While it is important to review the analytics on the content you share, we can admit it can be time-consuming. Automating this process is a great way to check what content did well without taking up major time in your day. Some scheduling platforms, like Later (can you tell we’re a fan), do this for you. All you have to do is review the stats!
6) Create Saved Replies – Did you know you can do this on Instagram?! Utilizing this feature can save you so much time in the long run. You can save replies to commonly asked questions or even key messaging to keep things on brand. Having these in your back pocket can save you more time than you’d think.
Even with it all mapped out, this may still seem tedious. Streamlining this process for you may even look like outsourcing this task. Having someone to manage the social side of things gives you more time to focus on the aspects of your business you love. We are here to help; let’s connect and level up your workflow.